Eagle Riders 518 Motorcycle Club
Last Revised: March 20, 2016
We are a Las Vegas based, family oriented motorcycle club, registered with the AMA (American Motorcyclist Association). We are a group of motorcycle enthusiasts who enjoy frequent group rides, fun activities, community and charity support, and camaraderie among friends and family within our club. Our motorcycle club is open to male and female riders, riders of every ethnicity, riders of all brands and styles of motorcycles, and people from many different walks of life and life experiences of all age groups. We are a non-prospect club and we take great pride in how we organize and maintain a high level of safety standards for our members and guests of our rides.
1. The Eagle Riders 518 MC is open to any motorcycle enthusiast who is wants to be a part of a brotherhood.
2. The Club will be governed by five (5) officer positions, President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Sergeant At Arms. Any member holding an office within the Club, will wear a patch designating their office. This patch will be worn on the front, upper third of the Club vest. The rules of succession between offices will not be practiced within the Eagle Riders 518 MC. (Example: If the Club Treasurer were to quit, or not be able to perform his duties, the Sgt. At Arms would not automatically move up into that position because he/she might not be qualified for or want that position.) If an officer does not, or is unable to perform his/her duties, or quits his office, it will be the responsibility of the President to appoint someone to that position until the regularly scheduled election. The 5 governing officers will meet once calendar month unless an emergency meeting is required. Other non-voting offices include Road Captain, Road Lieutenant, and (designated) Tailgunner.
3. Elections will be held every two (2) years on the FIRST MONDAY in January for the offices of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Sgt. At Arms. Any member wishing to run for an office will submit his name to the Club Secretary by the December General Meeting, prior to the election. When the President steps down, the next President has to stand for election every two years. Only Principal Riders are eligible for officer positions (no guests or “back seat” riders). Any Past President still in good standing within the Club is considered a sitting officer with full voting rights on Club affairs.
The President shall preside over all officer and general membership meetings. He will oversee all affairs of the Club and may appoint persons or committees as may be required for Club business. If any officer in the Club is unable to, or fails to perform his duties, it is the responsibility of the President to appoint a replacement until the general election.
• VICE PRESIDENT
The Vice President shall perform all duties incumbent upon the President during the absence of the President. The Vice President will coordinate all media and public representation of the Club to include supervision of social media, Club website, press releases, and public dissemination of Club rides and information.
The Secretary shall keep a record of all proceedings and shall keep the minutes at all monthly meetings. Within one week of the monthly meetings he will distribute the minutes to the Club membership via email to Club members in good standing. The Secretary will also maintain a list of Club members in good standing along with their current mobile phone and email addresses.
The Treasurer must account for all income and expenditures of the Club. He/she will maintain an accounting journal and log all transactions by the Club. He will give a financial report at each monthly meeting showing the current wealth of the Club. He/she must insure that all disbursements of Club money are approved as follows: Disbursements under $100 must be with the knowledge & approval of the President and Vice President. Disbursements of $100 and under $500 must be approved by majority vote of the five (5) Club officers. Disbursements of $500 or more, must have unanimous approval by the officers and then be presented to the Club members in good standing . He/she will be responsible for collecting any and all Dues or Fees required by the Club.
• SERGEANT AT ARMS
The Sergeant at Arms shall promote safety throughout the Club. His/her duties include maintaining order during all Club meetings, events and functions, and to protect the rights of the Club and its members. It is also his duty to manage all complaints and to bring them to the attention of the President.
• ROAD CAPTAIN
The Road Captain shall be responsible for the safety of the membership any time the Club rides as a group. He will review routes for safety concerns, and will assist other riders in practicing safe driving while traveling in formation. He will be responsible for scheduling departure times and locations for trips or rides, and will communicate this information to all the membership. In the event that the Senior Road Captain is unable to take part in a Club run or trip, he designate duties to the Road Lieutenant and/or two any assistants to lead the Club in his/her absence, and will help them in their preparation, if needed.
4. All major decisions affecting the Club will be voted via majority vote on by the membership present. The voting membership, consist of only patched members that wear the Eagle Riders 518 top rocker and large Club patch on the back of their Club vest. In the event a tie vote occurs, the final decision will rest with a majority vote by the Five Club officers.
5. The Club patches will consist of three (3) back patches, Back patches consist of a top rocker that reads “Eagle Riders 518”, a center Club patch with the club logo “Skeleton Rider”, and one (1) small patch that read “MC”. ALL PATCHES MUST BE SEWN ON. Eagle Riders 518 Motorcycle Club retains ownership of all patches. Any member leaving the Club, for any reason, will return all patches to any Club Officer of the Club within 48 hours of leaving.
6. BIMONTHLY MEETINGS will be held on the First (1st) MONDAY of each month at a designated location. These meetings are very important, and every member should make every attempt to attend the monthly meetings. For the Club to thrive and prosper, it requires the participation of every member. Any member, upon learning that they will be unable to attend these meetings, or any other event planned by the Club, should send out an email to the membership advising them of the situation. This will prevent time lost or wasted, waiting on a member that is not going to attend.
7. DUES & FEES: For FULL members monthly dues will be $20 for a “Principal Rider” (a regular rider of a motorcycle) and $10 for a “Back Seat” rider (a regular Club member who rides on the back of a Principal Rider’s bike. Typically a spouse, girl/boyfriend, etc.). The only other FEE that the Club has is the ONE TIME, NON-REFUNDABLE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FEE of $50. Any other fees needed for the day to day operation of the Club will be dealt with on an individual basis and voted on by the membership. Members who are 90 days past due in their dues are to be contacted by the Sergeant at Arms and a suspension or expulsion from the Club will be voted on by the Officers in a majority vote at the next scheduled Officers meeting until the designated past-due member is current in their dues. Should a guest be guest rider be participating in Club rides and activities but not wish to become a Full Club member, they will be required to pay dues in the amount of $10/month after their 15th ride for an ongoing basis until they decide to no longer participate in Club rides or activities.
8. Responsibilities of FULL MEMBERS: A full patch member MUST own a motorcycle for no less than 90 days at any one time OR be the spouse, or regular close relation to another Full Member. A full member must make an effort to attend all meetings, events, and functions, and be dedicated to maintaining the Eagle Riders 518 MC. He/she must help out other members in any way possible, whenever possible. He must show appropriate respect to fellow members, and other clubs. He/she must be a mentor to potential new members, showing them the ways of the Club. He/she must always remember that when they wears the patches of the Eagle Riders 518 MC, that they represent the whole Club, and must never act in a manner that would bring discredit or dishonor to the Club. He/she MUST wear Club vest at all Club functions and events (unless otherwise designated). Any Full Member that has not attended any Club events, functions, or meetings for Six (6) Months, will be asked to turn in his Patches to one of the five Club officers. The exception to this rule would be if the member, or his family, has a medical emergency that would prevent him from being active in the club for long periods of time or a special request is submitted to the Club Officers for a specific time extension due to extraordinary circumstances. During any extended leave of absence from the club, Full Member dues will still be required to be submitted to remain in good standing with the Club. The Club Officers will deal with these situations on an individual basis, and will make decisions accordingly.
9. MEMBERSHIP REQUESTS: To become a member of the Eagle Riders 518 Motorcycle Club, a minimum of 15 rides will be required on scheduled Club rides. This requires actually riding the full route of the scheduled ride. This allows the sitting membership time to get to know the individual and their riding style. After the 15th ride, the prospective member must be nominated for inclusion into the Club by a sitting member in good standing at the next scheduled Club meeting and then a simple majority vote of Full Club members will grant the prospective member membership into the club. As a new member, they must pay a Membership Application Fee of $50.00 before he/she can receive their club patches. During all rides and Club functions, anyone interested in becoming a club member should make every attempt to meet ALL sitting members of the Club by introducing his/herself, shaking hands, and making sure that the sitting members know he is serious about becoming a member of the Eagle Riders 518 MC. Prior to joining the Club and receiving their patches, a new member must show proof that they have a current and valid Driver’s License with a Motorcycle Endorsement. They must also show that they have current Insurance on the motorcycle they will be riding in the Club as well as current registration of their motorcycle.
10. VOTING IN OF NEW MEMBERS: Once a potentially new member has completed the requirements as set forth within these Bylaws, and their Sponsor has advised the President that the prospective new member is ready for a vote, their possible inclusion into the club will be voted on during the next scheduled monthly meeting. To become a member, they must receive a majority vote of the voting membership present. Any negative votes must be explained to the membership. If the prospective member does not receive a majority vote, the decision will be made by the Club officers whether to extend the potentially new member’s time, or to dismiss the individual’s request for membership altogether. The prospective new member will not be present in the room during the voting process. If the potential new member receives a majority vote for full membership, he/she will be awarded his patches and any Application Fees will be due within 30 days. New member dues will begin on the following month.
11. DISCIPLINARY ACTION: If any member within the Club should do anything that causes dissension among the members, or does anything that goes against the Eagle Riders 518 MC values, the matter will be brought to the attention of the President. The President will turn the matter over to the Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Sergeant At Arms, who will look into the matter and act accordingly.
12. MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING: To be considered “In Good Standing” within the Club membership, all members must be up-to-date in their dues, abide by the general code of conduct of becoming a Club member, do not conduct any activities that may undermine any other member of the Club or the Club itself. Should a member be considered no longer in good standing with the Club membership or the Club Officers, they will relinquish any patches that belong to the club, resign their voting privileges, resign their access to any Club rides or functions, and will no longer be considered included as a Club member.
13. Occasionally, situations will arise that involve special circumstances. Such situations will be handled by the five (5) Club officers, and it will be up to them to determine what action will be taken in these matters.
14. The Eagle Riders 518 MC, it’s name, and logos are Copyrighted and Trademarked, and are protected by the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
It is the purpose of these Bylaws to preserve and protect the integrity and character of the Club for it’s membership, and to promote the ideals this club was founded for, brotherhood, fun, fellowship, and riding.